To celebrate all the work Canaïma Gin are doing in the Amazon, we've teamed up to offer you a chance to not only enjoy their tasty gin, but to win an amazing prize worth over £120.
What is Canaïma Gin?
If you haven't heard of it before, don't fret, this isn't one of those gins that's here in a flash and out with the next trend. Canaïma is a tasty Venezuelan Gin made by the team behind Diplomático Rum. It's tropical, exotic and made using 10 exotic ingredients, one local fruit and 8 traditional gin botanicals that are individually distilled and then blended together.
The Amazonian botanicals include cashew, açai, uva de palma, tupiro, seje, copoazu and while a list like that might not make sense to anyone other than you botany geeks, it means you can expect aromas of passion fruit, grapefruit and hints of black pepper. To taste, herbaceous citrus flavours and more tropical notes lead, before they become more herbal and linger on the finish. It's delicious!
Why Earth Day?
Earth Day acts as a reminder of the importance of preserving the planet. It also acts as an opportunity to reflect on both the conservation efforts we all make, but also the way we interact, harness and surround ourselves with nature. This symbiotic relationship is paramount to Canaïma makers, DUSA Distillery, who dedicate 10% of their sales to help improve the quality of life of local communities and reforestation efforts.
They focus on NGOs and networks of volunteers that strive to improve the quality of life for indigenous tribes.
These include programmes such as Saving the Amazon, that supports the indigenous communities of the Colombian Amazonia.
Together, they create green businesses that provide work by sowing and caring for trees.
Another is Fundación Tierra Viva, a Venezuelan non-profit that promotes sustainable development projects to improve the quality of life of indigenous communities.
What's the prize and how do I enter?
All those who buy a bottle will be entered into a draw to win a tree planted in their name as well as a brilliant brand bundle of Canaïma Swag (created by Amazonian tribes). If that wasn't already awesome enough, the team are also adding some glassware, pink grapefruit mixers to make their perfect serve and an Amazon inspired house plant from the amazing plant company Patch!
The competition entries will happen over the next two months (finishing on the 31st May).
Spirits Kiosk x Canaima Gin Competition 2021 T&Cs
THE PROMOTER: The promoter is Enotria Winecellars Limited (company register number 1071904), trading as Spirits Kiosk and having its registered office at 23 Cumberland Avenue, Park Royal, NW10 7RX, United Kingdom.
- ELIGIBILITY: This competition is only open to individuals who are 18 years or older (or of legal drinking age in the country which they are a resident of). Ineligible entries (howsoever received) will be discarded. The competition is not open to any employees (and their immediate family) of the promoter or any of its associated companies. Spirits Kiosk reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) at any time and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who, or any entry which, it believes has breached any of these terms, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or improper conduct which may undermine the fair and proper conduct of this competition.
- ENTRY/COMPETITION PERIOD: This competition opens at 12:00:01 BST on 9 April 2021 and closes at 23:59:59 BST on 31 May 2021.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, individuals must within the entry period purchase any 70cl qualifying bottle of Canaima Gin, as available and listed on here from the Spirits Kiosk website in accordance with Spirits Kiosk’s standard Consumer Terms of Business (each being a qualifying purchase or qualifying entry). Multiple entries are permitted! No purchase necessary entry option is also available.
- YOU CAN ALSO ENTER WITHOUT MAKING A PURCHASE: If you are eligible to enter, send us a postcard or letter at Spirits Kiosk, 23 Cumberland Avenue, Park Royal, NW10 7RX, United Kingdom (marked for the attention of the Spirits Kiosk Marketing Team), casually mentioning the fact that you wish to enter the Canaima Gin competition and set out your name and contact details. Provided that the postcard or letter is received prior to the expiry of the entry period, you will be entered into the competition as though it was a qualifying purchase. By entering the competition in this way, the entrant confirms that he or she is eligible to do so. Spirits Kiosk will not be responsible for any entries which are lost or delayed in transit, regardless of cause including, for example, as a result of any failure of any postal system of any kind. Spirits Kiosk will not accept proof of posting as proof of receipt of entry to the competition. Postcards and letters will not be returned.
- WINNER(S): There will be 1 prize for 1 winner, who will be selected at random out of all qualifying entries shortly after the competition period. The selection of the winner made will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- PRIZE PROVIDER: The prize is provided by Speciality Drinks Limited. Spirits Kiosk will not be responsible for any failure or delay in the prize being sent to the winner.
- THE PRIZE: The winner will win a tree planted in their name as well as a brilliant brand bundle of Canaïma Swag (created by Amazonian tribes). Additionnaly, winner will receive glassware, pink grapefruit mixers to make their perfect serve and an Amazon inspired house plant from the amazing plant company Patch.
9 - CLAIMING THE PRIZE:The name of the winner will be announced on Spirits Kiosk’s blogs soon as practicable upon selection. Spirits Kiosk will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner via email or by telephone as soon as practicable. If any winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed the prize within 5 days of Spirits Kiosk contacting them, Spirits Kiosk reserves the right to offer the prize to another eligible entrant. Spirits Kiosk cannot accept any responsibility if any winner is unable to take up the prize or fails to claim the prize within the time limit as set out above. Spirits Kiosk may contact the winner for feedback in respect of the competition and/or prize and may use any feedback provided when announcing the results and promoting the Competition or subsequent competitions.
10 - LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Insofar as is permitted by law, the promoter, its agents, employees, and/or representatives shall in no circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any entrant who participates in the competition and/or the winner and their guest(s) who claim(s) the prize for any loss, damage, personal injury or death whatsoever and howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any direct, indirect or consequential losses arising out of or in connection with their participation in this competition, any failure or delays or postponements or cancellations in making the appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements as a result of the winner taking up the prize (including in relation to their guests), except where it is caused by the negligence of the promoter, its agents, employees, and/or authorised representatives. Competition entrants’ statutory rights are not affected.
15 - GENERAL: These terms shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.