Is there a more mesmerising place than Iceland? Black sand beaches, lava rocks, geothermal pools, canyons, glaciers, waterfalls, incredible wooly jumpers and Fire Saga (their a real band, right?). There are times of year it never goes dark, other times where it's never light and sometimes, just because it can, the light dances around the sky in spectacular displays. It's an amazing, unforgettable place. You don't need to take our word for it though, here's a chance to WIN A TRIP TO ICELAND to see it for yourself!
Meet Marberg Gin, the flagship spirit from Thoran Distillery
Iceland has been enjoying a craft distilling boom of its own over the past few years. Marberg Gin is made at Thoran Distillery, a geothermal powered producer also developing single malt whisky. Iceland's purity provides some of the botanicals, but the island's renowned sense of quirky fun also surrounds this place - a true expression of the country's spirit in all its forms!
Marberg is a classically styled London Dry Gin, brought into being with the marriage of glacial water, wild Icelandic botanicals, and fruits and spices from distant shores.
Classic botanicals such as coriander and angelica root are joined by a supporting cast of black pepper, orris root and grapefruit. It is made even more interesting with the addition of red seaweed, commonly known as Dulse, or Söl, which can be described as pleasantly salty with an umami-like taste.
With the first sip you’re transported to a black sand beach, feeling the harsh, north-atlantic wind on your face. By the end, you’re left with a lingering taste of freshness and an eagerness to take another sip.
Tell me more about the amazing prize!
The team at Marberg have put together a truly incredible prize. The top line? A pair of return flights, accommodation for two nights, a visit to the Blue Lagoon and a guided tour around the distillery. Here's more about each...
- Economy travel for 2 people from any single named point of origin in the United Kingdom to the Thoran Distillery, Iceland. It's not a long flight no matter where you start so you'll be there in no time!
- Standard accommodation in or near The Retreat at the Blue Lagoon for 2 nights for 2 people.
- Complimentary visit to the Blue Lagoon for 2 people - so make sure you remember to bring your swimmers!
- Complimentary massage treatment for 2 people on one of the days during the trip.
- Complimentary lunch for 2 people at the Spa Restaurant on one of the days during the trip.
- Complimentary dinner for 2 people at Moss Restaurant on one of the days during the trip. For those unfamiliar with Moss, it has been named by the world renowned Michelin guide as the restaurant to discover in Iceland. It's led by executive chef Ingi Þórarinn Friðriksson, whose team take guests on a journey through Iceland’s vast terrain, sourcing ingredients from all corners of the country. The menu changes daily according to availability and seasonality.
- You can also look forward to a Private tour and tasting at Thoran Distillery with their master distiller.
How do I enter?
To enter, all you have to do is buy a bottle of MARBERG GIN between now and the 31st of December. Everyone who buys is entered into the draw, with the winner selected at random and announced on the Wednesday 6th of January 2021.
All the relevant T&C's are below for those who want to read through the details but to tackle the big question - Obviously, Covid means that both spontaneity and short terms plans are difficult. Therefore, there's no dates being imposed, rather, they've taken the more Icelandic approach of open ended invite for the trip to occur at any point during 2021 so that once things have calmed down, the lucky winner can select some dates that suit them.
Worst case scenario, even if you don't win, you'll have added a tremendous Gin to your shelves and enjoyed a G&T or two (serve it with a grapefruit peel for the perfect serve!). Good Luck!
Spirits Kiosk x Marberg Icelandic GinCompetition 2020 T&Cs
IMPORTANT BOOKING AND TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS DETAILED IN PARAGRAPHS 9-10.
THE PROMOTER: The promoter is EnotriaWinecellars Limited (company register number 1071904), trading as Spirits Kiosk and having its registered office at 23 Cumberland Avenue, Park Royal, NW10 7RX, United Kingdom.
- ELIGIBILITY: This competition is only open to individuals who are 18 years or older (or of legal drinking age in the country which they are a resident of). Ineligible entries (howsoever received) will be discarded. The competition is not open to any employees (and their immediate family) of the promoter or any of its associated companies. Spirits Kiosk reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) at any time and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who, or any entry which, it believes has breached any of these terms, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or improper conduct which may undermine the fair and proper conduct of this competition.
- ENTRY/COMPETITION PERIOD: This competition opens at 12:00:01 BST on 20OCTOBER 2020 and closes at 23:59:59 BST on 31 DECEMBER 2020.
- HOW TO ENTER:To enter, individuals must within the entry period purchase any 70cl qualifying bottle of Marberg Icelandic Gin from Thoran Distillery, as available and listed on here from the Spirits Kiosk website in accordance with Spirits Kiosk’s standard Consumer Terms of Business (each being a qualifying purchase or qualifying entry). Multiple entries are permitted! No purchase necessary entry option is also available.
- YOU CAN ALSO ENTER WITHOUT MAKING A PURCHASE: If you are eligible to enter, send us a postcard or letter at Spirits Kiosk, 23 Cumberland Avenue, Park Royal, NW10 7RX, United Kingdom (marked for the attention of the Spirits Kiosk Marketing Team), casually mentioning the fact that you wish to enter the Marberg Icelandic Gin competition and set out your name and contact details. Provided that the postcard or letter is received prior to the expiry of the entry period, you will be entered into the competition as though it was a qualifying purchase. By entering the competition in this way, the entrant confirms that he or she is eligible to do so. Spirits Kiosk will not be responsible for any entries which are lost or delayed in transit, regardless of cause including, for example, as a result of any failure of any postal system of any kind. Spirits Kiosk will not accept proof of posting as proof of receipt of entry to the competition. Postcards and letters will not be returned.
- WINNER(S): There will be 1 prize for 1 winner, who will be selected at random out of all qualifying entries shortly after the competition period. The selection of the winner made will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- PRIZE PROVIDER: The prize is provided by ThoranDistillery.All travel and accommodation arrangements relating to the prize will be the sole responsibility of Thoran Distillery.Spirits Kiosk will not be responsible for any failure or delay in travel and accommodation arrangements.
- THE PRIZE: The winner will win a trip for 2 people (i.e. you can bring a guest but your guest must also be 18 years or older) toThoran Distillery in Iceland. The prize is strictly non-negotiable, non-transferable, and cannot be exchanged for any equivalent cash value, cash alternative, or for other items. The prize includes the following:
- standard or economytravel for 2 people from any single named point of origin in the United Kingdom to the ThoranDistillery, Iceland;
- standard accommodation in or near The Retreat at the Blue Lagoon for 2 nights for 2 people (subject to availability and to be arranged by prize provider);
- complimentary visit to the Blue Lagoon for 2 people;
- complimentary massage treatment for 2 people on one of the days during the trip (subject to availability and details to be confirmed);
- complimentary lunch for 2 people at the Spa Restaurant on one of the days during the trip (subject to availability and details to be confirmed);
- complimentary dinner for 2 peopleat Moss Restauranton one of the days during the trip (subject to availability and details to be confirmed);
- private tour and tasting at Thoran Distillery with the master distiller;
9 - IMPORTANT BOOKING AND TRAVELLING RESTRICTIONS: The winner claims the prize subject to the following restrictions:
- due to covid-19 pandemic uncertainties, Thoran Distilleryhas offered in good faith that the prize trip and all travel arrangements be booked and taken within 2 years of the winner being notified of winning the prize;
- the winner (and its guest) is expected to act reasonably and in good faith in making travel arrangements with Thoran Distillery;
- all trip dates and details are subject to availability and prior agreement with Thoran Distillery; and;
- travel dates and relevant reservations once notified to the winner cannot be changed, postponed, or cancelled.
10 - OTHER COSTS OR EXPENSES: Any other costs or expenses not listed that may incur in connection with the winner and their guest taking up the prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner and their guest.
11 - AVAILABILITY TO TRAVEL: The winner and their guest will be solely responsible for ensuring that they will be available to travel and that will hold valid passports, any necessary visas and travel documents incidental to the fulfilment of the prize on the dates specified.
12 - CLAIMING THE PRIZE:The name of the winner will be announced on Spirits Kiosk’s blogas soon as practicable upon selection. Spirits Kiosk will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner via email or by telephone as soon as practicable. If any winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed the prize within 5 days of Spirits Kiosk contacting them, Spirits Kiosk reserves the right to offer the prize to another eligible entrant. Spirits Kiosk cannot accept any responsibility if any winner is unable to take up the prize or fails to claim the prize within the time limit as set out above. Spirits Kiosk may contact the winner for feedback in respect of the competition and/or prize and may use any feedback provided when announcing the results and promoting the Competition or subsequent competitions.
13 - LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:Insofar as is permitted by law, the promoter, its agents, employees, and/or representatives shall in no circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any entrant who participates in the competition and/or the winner and their guest(s) who claim(s) the prize for any loss, damage, personal injury or death whatsoever and howsoever caused, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any direct, indirect or consequential losses arising out of or in connection with their participation in this competition, any failure or delays or postponements or cancellations in making the appropriate travel and accommodation arrangements as a result of the winner taking up the prize (including in relation to their guests), except where it is caused by the negligence of the promoter, its agents, employees, and/or authorised representatives. Competition entrants’ statutory rights are not affected.
15 - GENERAL:These terms shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.